In recognition of your gallant efforts, we officially bestow upon you the title of “Professional Water Saver”
We all understand the time and effort that it takes to be a Professional Water Saver. The endless buckets of water in the loo, the two-minute showers and the 5-times-a-day look at the weather predictions in the hope of a little rain.
But at the end of the day, it’s all worth it. Day zero has been moved out and if you think of the bigger picture, our kids will always be water savers at heart which has a huge impact on our environment.
And yet, there are always more ways we can better our efforts. Here are a few tips we’ve come across and also a few pictures of our water tank installations.
The washing machine trick:
If you have a top-loader washing machine, follow the steps below:
1. Wash your whites first.
2. Remove the whites from the washing machine.
3. Use the same water and wash darker colours.
4. Let the water out into a wheelie bin.
5. Rinse whites.
6. Remove whites from the washing machine.
7. Use the same water to rinse the darker colours.
5. Let the rise water out into the wheelie bin.
Whallah … now you’ve washed two sets of clothes in one wash! Use that water to flush the toilets or on the grass/plants … the wheelie bin makes it easy to move too.